“Mary DeMocker’s book is an essential resource
for parents… incredibly refreshing.”
The Parents’ Guide to Climate Revolution:
100 Ways to Build a Fossil-Free Future, Raise Empowered Kids, and Still Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Learn hundreds of wide-ranging ideas, including how to:
- Talk about the climate crisis in age-appropriate ways
- Amplify the voices of youths ready to challenge politicians
- Get kids off screens — and outdoors
- Change your lifestyle in ways that deepen bonds, improve moods, and reduce your impact on the Earth
"For anyone who needs a dose of hope.”
— Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods
“I love Mary's advice: Now is the time to climb hills -and the steps of the capitol- with our kids.”
— Dr. James Hansen, former director, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
“Devour this essential book...”
— Julia Olson, Executive Director of Our Children’s Trust and Lead Counsel in Juliana v. U.S.
"...will inspire diverse people of all ages."
— Angela Garbes, 2019 Oregon Book Award judge
"Trust me, most of this is going to be fun."
— Bill McKibben, from the foreword
“I love this book...wonderful, inspiring...brimming with ideas.”
— Scott D. Sampson, PhD, host of PBS Kids Dinosaur Train
“This book will empower you and your children...on the biggest issue we face.”
— Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, youth director of Earth Guardians and author of We Rise
“Encouraging, entertaining and, most of all, deeply empowering.”
— Catia Juliana, activist and mother of Kelsey Juliana, youth plaintiff in the Juliana v. U.S. climate lawsuit
"...a delightful read...”
— Eugene Weekly
“ ...makes it easy for us to create a better future for all children.”
— Kitty Piercy, three-term mayor of Eugene, Oregon
“ ...brilliant, honest, funny.”
— Kathleen Dean Moore, author of Great Tide Rising
New Interviews, Reviews & Articles
- NPR article "How to Talk to Kids About Climate Change" quotes Mary. The podcast -- which is different from the article -- gives a shout-out about Mary's book in the middle!
- Dr. Robyn Silverman interviews Mary for her podcast How to Talk to Kids About Anything
- REI Co-op Journal "How to Talk to Your Kids About Climate Change" quotes Mary
- Article by Mary, "Join Kids Fighting for Climate Justice," in the 2019 issue of Skipping Stones, a multi-cultural magazine for youth.
- Interview with Kris Welch at KPFA, San Francisco: ** Starts at minute 35:00 **
- AUDIOBOOK version of The Parents' Guide to Climate Revolution is here!
- Check out the many wonderful reviews on Goodreads and Amazon -- and add your own!