“Mary DeMocker’s book is an essential resource
for parents… incredibly refreshing.”
The Parents’ Guide to Climate Revolution:
100 Ways to Build a Fossil-Free Future, Raise Empowered Kids and Still Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Learn hundreds of wide-ranging ideas, including how to:
- Talk about the climate crisis in age-appropriate ways
- Amplify the voices of youths demanding change
- Get kids off screens — and outdoors
- Change your lifestyle in ways that deepen bonds, improve moods, and reduce your impact on the Earth
"For anyone who needs a dose of hope.”
— Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods
"The book we all need right now. DeMocker is a true force for change, and her ideas will help you become one, too.”
— Natural Mother Magazine & Podcast
“I love Mary's advice: Now is the time to climb hills -and the steps of the capitol- with our kids.”
— Dr. James Hansen, former director, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
“Devour this essential book...”
— Julia Olson, Executive Director of Our Children’s Trust and Lead Counsel in Juliana v. U.S.
"...will inspire diverse people of all ages."
— Angela Garbes, 2019 Oregon Book Award judge
"Trust me, most of this is going to be fun."
— Bill McKibben, from the foreword
“I love this book...wonderful, inspiring...brimming with ideas.”
— Scott D. Sampson, PhD, host of PBS Kids Dinosaur Train
“This book will empower you and your children...on the biggest issue we face.”
— Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, youth director of Earth Guardians and author of We Rise
“Encouraging, entertaining and, most of all, deeply empowering.”
— Catia Juliana, activist and mother of Kelsey Juliana, youth plaintiff in the Juliana v. U.S. climate lawsuit
"...a delightful read...”
— Eugene Weekly
“ ...makes it easy for us to create a better future for all children.”
— Kitty Piercy, three-term mayor of Eugene, Oregon
“ ...brilliant, honest, funny.”
— Kathleen Dean Moore, author of Great Tide Rising
Mary's New Interviews, Reviews & Articles
- "So Your Kids Are Stressed Out About The Climate Crisis: Here's how to help" article in Sierra Magazine
- My new TEDx talk! Re-Storying Our Future With Your Creativity
- Review of Jamie Margolin's book "Youth to Power" in Sierra Magazine
- Quoted in Washington Post, "How the pandemic has inspired some teens to get off their laptops and go outside"
- Mary featured in Washington Post article about families prioritizing system change
- Interview of Mary by Michael Krasny on KQED’s The Forum
- NPR article "How to Talk to Kids About Climate Change" quotes Mary. The podcast -- different from the article -- recommends book!
- AUDIOBOOK version of The Parents' Guide to Climate Revolution!
- Check out the many wonderful reviews on Goodreads and Amazon -- and add your own!